Pages

BeautyDupe

Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger

January Favourites 2014

Tuesday 3 February 2015

 

The end of January marks the end of my first month of blogging. And oh what a month is has been! My aim at the start of it was to post every week on a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday and I am happy to say that I have stuck to this schedule and that I am proud of that work that I have produced. So my first January favourite is Beauty Dupe! Anyone who has every started a blog will know that there is a lot more work that goes into that you may have first thought, but if like me you love everything about blogging then all the hard work is worth every minute.

Beauty
 
January has taken its toll on my skin pretty bad. A combination of the cold air and the dry central heating has turned my skin into a parched, flaky mess which has made wearing makeup an absolute nightmare! You will see that my skin struggle is reflected in my January Favourites.  
 Superdrug's own brand Naturally Radiant Brightening Balm has replaced my usual primer in my makeup routine. It's soft, moisturising texture has created the perfect base for makeup application. Retails on the Superdrug website for £5.99.  
 I have been trying lots of different BB and CC Creams in order to find a base that is more moisturising than my normal foundation.  If you can get past the slightly 'medical' smell of this CC cream by Nip and Fab, it really does provide the hydration needed for dry winter skin without losing too much of the desired coverage. This can be found in Boots from £7.49.  
I don't really need to say much about this little gem. The Beauty Blender receives a lot of hype in the beauty world, and rightly so. This is a staple in the 'dry skin gals' makeup tool collection and has been a lifesaver for my face this month! One of the many places you can buy this is Amazon for £15.50.
 This is a product that I have sworn by for many years now and, although I have tried and tested several Highend moisturisers, I can't see that changing any time in the future. Those with oily skin may not agree with this product as it has a really thick consistency, but for my troublesome dry skin this Nivea Cream is my bestfriend. Retails for £3.39 on the Boots Website.  
You may have seen in my recent Drug Store haul that I gave into the hype and finally purchased Hydraluron Moisture Boost and I must say I do not regret it. Although I have only been using this for a few short weeks I can already see a significant difference in the texture of my skin. My dry patches have been reduced and the flakiness has all but disappeared. £24.99 from Boots.
 
Fashion
 
 
These Topshop Joni jeans with rips in the knees have been a staple in my wardrobe this month, so much so that I had to go back out and purchase them in black too! These retail for £38 from any Topshop store.
 
Last but not least is this Zara Leather City Bag. I received this as a gift at Christmas and I am absolutely in LOVE with it. It appears from the outside to be an average sized handbag, however  this little baby fits a whole lot inside it making it both practical and beautiful!
 
Have you tried any of these favourites?
 
See you again soon,
 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER