Pages

BeautyDupe

Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger

Drugstore Haul

Sunday 18 January 2015



I went into Boots to pick up nail varnish remover and tweezers added a few more sneaky bits into my basket whilst I was in there. So here is what I got………..


Firstly just your standard Boots own branded nail varnish remover, I have used this before and it gets the job done at a nice friendly price of £1. I’m sure a more expensive one would last longer, but for that price I don’t mind having to repurchase more often.




I also bought the boots own brand tweezers. I didn’t go for the cheapest option as I know from experience that those ones are useless. However, after eyeing up the Tweezerman section, I decided that since I am a waxing girl when it comes to my eyebrows, it just wouldn’t be worth the splurge. The ones I purchased were £3.80, and I did give them ago this morning (I very recently had my eyebrows HD’ed so there wasn’t much to pluck at!) and I must say I was quite pleased with them.


So that was what I went into boots for sorted (the boring bits) now on to the exciting stuff. As you may have seen if you follow me on Twitter, the winter has taken its toll on my skin and I have ended up with seriously dry, sore, flaky skin. Not only is it irritating and painful but it also means that putting on makeup is a nightmare. Foundation especially likes to cling to dry patches leaving my base looking cakey and not particularly nice. Anyway long story short, I have seen quite a few good reviews on the Hydraluron Moisture Booster so when I spotted it on offer for £16.65 down from £24.99 I decided to give it a go. I have only been using it morning and night for 2 days so I can’t say if there is any difference as of yet, but may do a review in the future to let you guys know how I get on.

Next I headed for the makeup aisles. I wasn’t in the market for spending tonnes of money so the high end section of boots was tactically avoided. You may have spotted on my Instagram a few days ago that I really like the OCC lip tar in black dahlia. However as lovely as the colour is, it isn't the best lip product for a night of eating and drinking. By the end of the night I was left with stained lips and a streak of lipstick on my chin! Attractive right? This experience put me on the hunt for a matte lipstick in a similar purple shade as the lip tar. After trawling the shelves I found this by Revlon. It’s one of their Super Lustrous Lipsticks in Va Va Violet. It’s not quite as matte as I had wanted as it does have a slight gloss to it, but after trying it out I am so glad I put this in my basket. I think purple lipsticks are a really good option for those of us with quite pale skin if you want to go for a dark, bold lipstick. This was priced at £7.49 which is about average for a drugstore lipstick.



Whilst at the Revlon counter I also picked up two of their nail varnishes in 480 Chic, a darker version of ‘baby blue’ with hints of green and 220 Enchanting, a lovely lilac. I have tried Revlon’s range of varnishes previously and, although not my favourites, I do really like them. They dry fairly quickly and are opaque in just 2 coats. I have worn Enchanting for the last 3 days (also whilst indoor rock climbing) and there is no signs of chipping yet. These are on offer at the moment for 2 for £8.  

I then nipped to the Collection counter to pick up the fast stroke liquid eyeliner recommended by Victoria from In The Frow, however disappointingly they were sold out of the black. So I ended up getting the Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Liner. I gave this a whirl the next morning, aiming to do my normal winged eyeliner, however I found this product really hard to work with and I was not happy with the end result. The really fine nib is great for precision, so if you are a dab hand at using liquid liner then you would probably like this product. Me on the other hand found it really difficult to get the line that I wanted and especially difficult then filling in the wing or thickening a line I had already made. Maybe after a bit of practice I will get the hang of it, but for now this is not something I will be repurchasing, even at £5.29.

Last but certainly not least I picked up one of the Maybelline Colour Drama intense velvet lip pencils in the colour light it up. I must say after swatching this for this post I was really impressed. The colour pay off is incredible and beautifully matte, it is really easy to apply and felt really nice on the lips. The only down fall is that it is a pencil that you would need to sharpen, but I can live with that. This was priced at £4.99 which I think is a bargain for Maybelline. I'm definitely looking at getting some more of these in other shades!              


Leave a  comment if there is anything you have picked up from the Drugstore recently that you have been loving!
See you again soon
Love Sam

2 comments:

  1. Hi Girls!
    I've just nominated you for the Liebster Award:)
    All details are here on my blog: http://jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html
    Jasmine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun haul! I'm dying to get my hands on the Maybelline lip pencils. I still haven't found them! Grr

    rebekahkoontzsite.com // US Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER